Multi-Colored Tomato and Herb Shakshuka
· 6-8 medium size tomatoes cut up into pieces
· ½ white onion finely chopped
· ½ jalapeno pepper deseeded and chopped (can be adjusted based on preference of spice level)
· 1 garlic clove finely chopped
· 1 tsp. salt
· 1 tsp. pepper
· Pinch of sugar
· 5-6 eggs
· ½ cup of bulgarit cheese (or other cheese of your choice)
· 2 tblp. Olive oil
· 1 handful of chopped parsley
1. Heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onions and cook for a several minutes until soft and translucent. Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the
tomatoes, pepper, salt, pepper and sugar and stir for several minutes. Reduce the heat to medium, cover the pan with a lid and cook for 10-15 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
2. Crack the eggs evenly over the sauce and make sure to spread the egg whites either by tilting the pan or distributing with a spoon, making sure now to disturb the yolks. Cook for another 5-10 minutes until the eggs reach your desired consistency.
3. Top with herbs and cheese of your choice!