Yemenite Lahoh (Lachoch)
- One package flour
- Pot of Water
- ½ tbsp fenugreek
- 1 tbsp yeast
1. Mix ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Add water (one cup at a time) in stages and mix until entirely smooth and there are no longer any lumps. Cover mixture with a towel and let rise for approximately one hour (check to see if the mixture has risen, if not, let rise for longer)
2. Heat pan with a tablespoon of oil until very hot. Drain oil and wipe inside of pan with a paper towel.
3. Pour water over the back of the pan (steams the pan and keeps the lahoh from sticking.)
4. Pour ladle full of lahoh mixture into pan. When small bubbles form throughout (like a pancake), remove the lahoh from heat and let cool for 15 minutes.
5. Before ladling next round of the lahoh dough, pour water over the back of the pan again to create steam.
6. Serve with tehini, grated tomato and schug.
Schug (Spicy cilantro spread)
- 10 whole jalepeno peppers (depending on your desired level of heat)
- One bunch of Cilantro
- 6 Garlic cloves
1. Place ingredients in a blender and blend until mostly smooth, but small chunks are still visible.
2. Enjoy with lahoh recipe.